And then this happened on the 28th...sad times...but happy Lewis has decided to serve a mission and is on his way! Buenos Aires South Mission. At least he'll be warm!
 |
| Packing in the 11th hour |
His flight was super early so all the kids were home in bed, except Reggie who had to come along to say a final good-bye.
 |
| Dane cried and cried. Even cried himself to sleep. He told me he wrote a song for Lewy called "I missed you" and when I asked him to sing it for me he said "no, not until he comes home." |
 |
I was so uptight after he left...because I didn't know how I'd find out if he made all his flights, or even arrived in Argentina! So Shari Merrell gave me this little tip...yes, I'm not the only missionary mom who feels like this...a great app that tracks flights! Yay! I knew where the flight was, and hadn't heard from him, so no news is good news, right?
After he left, the kids decided to write to him. lol It was so cute. |
The next day, I cleaned his room...oh man. What a chore. But I really enjoyed this gem. He had a pattern of post-its on the wall (I don't know of what...) but he had written different things on them. It was heart-warming. He's got such a good heart and has the desire to be the best he can be, and that makes me feel so happy, and confident that he will be a great missionary...and a great man in this life!
 |
| Reggie giving Lew a big hug good-bye. |
We spent New Year's up at Pigeon Lake with Kaitlin and Ryan and the boys. Sleepover! Quin came too!
 |
| Marla on her blanket |
 |
| Brianna holding Davey |
 |
| Jim and Reg after being towed behind the quad onto the lake |
 |
| Ryan drilling holes for ice fishing |
 |
| Dane waiting for a nibble |
 |
| Reg |
 |
| ..."this is getting boring..." |
 |
| Reg |
Now it's time to get serious...just kidding...we didn't catch anything either.
Here's wishing all of you, our family and friends, the best of the best in 2017!
No comments:
Post a Comment