Wednesday, 28 March 2007

The mystery of the North













Well, I thought you all might be a tad interested to see something very cool up here. It's about 160 km north of Fort Mac. It's a natural phenomenon. ..sand dunes that are surrounded by crystal clear, warm (well, everything is relative remember)...lakes.


This road is the winter road. It can only be driven on in the winter because it is sand, pure sand. It leads to Ft. Chip.



This is last August, when Dennis and a few other guys took their quads up to the dunes to have some fun. Beautiful sunsets, and wild blueberries a-plenty.


In June, our friends the Barbers from Airdrie are joining us and a few others for a couples quading trip up there. Hopefully that will make them decide to move up here....hahahaha...yes that was a joke...but I'll keep working on ya Marc!

1 comment:

The RC Miller Clan said...

Those blueberries look delish! I would love to make some blueberry muffins right about now. That sand is pretty cool. He looks like Napolean's grandma! Did he feel like Napoleans grandma?